The Deadline for Applying to Be A Northeast Area Master Plan Community Liaison Has Been Extended to December 15!
The Northeast Area Master Plan project team is seeking two Community Liaisons who are currently residents of the Northeast Area to facilitate the Northeast Area Master Plan process. Assistance will be needed starting December of 2017 and ending at the completion of the planning process, which is expected to be in June of 2018. Each Community Liaison will be provided a stipend of $2,500. The liaisons will be expected to contribute 160 hours of work at a rate of $15/hour to activities associated with the planning process. Responsibilities include:
- Attend and help lead future Northeast Area Master Plan community meetings
- Provide regular updates and outreach to Northeast Area neighborhood associations and organizations
- Organize and attend meetings with neighborhood residents and stakeholders
- Perform outreach to residents door-to-door or by phone
- Provide detailed notes and documentation of activities as needed
- Assist in developing Early Action Projects
The Community Liaison must have excellent communication and organizational skills and be able to work with a variety of people.
Please email or mail a resume and cover letter by December 15, 2017, to:
Community Liaison Hiring Manager
Department of Planning and Land Use
Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City, Kansas
701 N 7th St, Kansas City, KS 66101
Include “Community Liaison Position” in subject line.